“A lawsuit is a thrilling chess game. You must delicately calculate all moves and bear in mind at all times the relation between the pieces”.
An employment lawyer not only has to focus on the legal side of every matter. Often, your decisions do not merely have a legal component, but also a strategic or business-related one, even in the issues that are not purely collective.
Both my father and my mother were also employment lawyers. My father used to work in the Human Resources Department in companies with more than 1000 employees. He used to advise me to carefully analyse the impact of every matter in accordance with the general policy of the company. In addition, the fact that I started my professional career taking care of non-employment law related issues in a Law firm specializing in this area was very useful, as it gave me a general vision of this legal area.
Ongoing Employment Legal Advisor for companies, especially in the following fields:
- Development of functions of interim and part-time managers of HHRR in companies with 50 to 500 workers. I design policies regarding employment contracts, flexibilization and distribution of working hours for companies with a high volume of part-time jobs, as well as telecommuting and policies relating to outsourcing services .
- Participation in mediation and employment arbitration procedures.
- Providing legal advice on contract termination on disciplinary grounds with technological or electronic evidence.
- Analysing and drafting of lawful dismissal letters on economic grounds in business groups.
- Advising on proceedings entailing substantial modifications of both individual and collective working conditions. Preparation and negotiation of collective dismissal proceedings in business groups.
- Providing expert advice in collective dismissal proceedings for companies who are facing bankruptcy. Legally advising in sale of autonomous business units.
- Attending hearings before the Employment Court.
- Drafting appeals to higher courts (“recurso de suplicación laboral”).
- Legally advising senior management (hiring of directors and appointment of managers) in business groups and family businesses.
- Law Degree, Universitat Abat Oliva
- Masters’ Degree in Corporate and Tax Law, Universitat Abat Oliva
- Masters’ Degree in Labour International Law, University of Barcelona.
- Post-graduate Degree at the Department of Political Economy, Public Finances and Financial and Tax Law, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Specialization Course for Company Managers and Tax Experts, Universitat Abat Oliva